This is an everyday thing! But why did I think of writing about this? Well, I and a couple of my friends were watching the sonography captures, of one of our soon to be mum friend. The satisfying emotion that I was sensing while watching those captures was marvellous. I could witness a fresh life taking birth. When I spoke to that friend after few days, I asked her how she feels, without thinking even for a fraction of a second she replied, “Now I know what does being a mother means”. I smiled at this answer, but really did not understand the depth of that quote. She quickly sensed that her feelings did not pass to me, and she went on further explaining what she meant. She told me that she has started checking her eating habits, taking care that it should not affect the new life breeding in her womb. She has started reading good books of great thinkers, epics of God, started staying in good company, quitted all the bad habits she had, only for the baby, that she was about to bring into this world. I replied very lightly again, saying, “Good, this is magic baby, it has done that we could not do for ages” and giggled. She then told me, how she related it to her mom, who used to do small things, just to keep her happy as a child. And then I understood what she wanted to tell me.
That day, I thought about it for a long time, “Is it necessary to be a mother to understand a mother?” and echoed the voice of my mother, saying, “Aai cha man samjayla pahile aai wahawa lagta” Tears rolled down my cheeks, thinking of the pain that I gave to my mother, as a child, as a teenage girl, as a girl, who was on the threshold of her youth. She was born at the same moment I did, she was a woman till that day, but a mother was born when I was, yet she was so matured, and cared so much for me. What did I give her in return? Shear pain. She made her huge and most important o requirements redundant only to get me things that were of no importance. She sacrificed her sleep just to wake me up for my morning school. She changed her taste, only because I liked spicy food. Her love was always unconditional, and will remain so, without any doubt. Her heart is a deep chasm at the floor of which you will always find forgiveness and love.
We know all this, all of us know, but still we take our mothers for granted. We are so sure, that they will undergo, any pain, to fulfil our wish. It is one of the toughest things on this earth, to be a mother, but it must be the most treasured one as well. Every girl realises this when she becomes a mother. I pity some boys, who might never understand this, so I believe that it is our responsibility to make our brothers, husbands and friends to understand what it means to be a mother.
I salute every mother, and take an opportunity today to thank my mother for making me so strong and confident today. I owe it all to her for what I am today.
I love you Aai.
That day, I thought about it for a long time, “Is it necessary to be a mother to understand a mother?” and echoed the voice of my mother, saying, “Aai cha man samjayla pahile aai wahawa lagta” Tears rolled down my cheeks, thinking of the pain that I gave to my mother, as a child, as a teenage girl, as a girl, who was on the threshold of her youth. She was born at the same moment I did, she was a woman till that day, but a mother was born when I was, yet she was so matured, and cared so much for me. What did I give her in return? Shear pain. She made her huge and most important o requirements redundant only to get me things that were of no importance. She sacrificed her sleep just to wake me up for my morning school. She changed her taste, only because I liked spicy food. Her love was always unconditional, and will remain so, without any doubt. Her heart is a deep chasm at the floor of which you will always find forgiveness and love.
We know all this, all of us know, but still we take our mothers for granted. We are so sure, that they will undergo, any pain, to fulfil our wish. It is one of the toughest things on this earth, to be a mother, but it must be the most treasured one as well. Every girl realises this when she becomes a mother. I pity some boys, who might never understand this, so I believe that it is our responsibility to make our brothers, husbands and friends to understand what it means to be a mother.
I salute every mother, and take an opportunity today to thank my mother for making me so strong and confident today. I owe it all to her for what I am today.
I love you Aai.

Awesome.
ReplyDeleteI loved this blog, Amruta. Very true it is that we have always taken our moms for granted and she always had scarified so much to accommodate our wishes and that too with a smile. 'Love', if anyone wants to know, it exists in its most sacred form in our mom's heart.
Love you Aaii.
Rushu